Saturday, August 2, 2008

No sympathy.

The matinee of "A Chorus Line" at the Keller started 20 minutes late today because so many people who drove to the show were delayed by traffic and parking problems, primarily because the Flugtag was going on at the same time. Having walked most of the way to the show after our bus got stuck at the Hawthorne Bridge bottleneck, I was surprised that I felt absolutely no sympathy for these people. I did feel pretty smug, though. After enjoying a stress-free stroll to the theater, I could sit and wonder why-oh-why it doesn't occur to them to either check traffic conditions, leave time for the unexpected, or take public transit at least part of the way in. Why assume you're just going to flow effortlessly into town and slide into your conveniently located parking space? Is it possible I was once one of these people?

No comments: