Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dear Target: Are you kidding me?!

So I continue to experiment with the joys of shopping mindfully online and having my well-chosen purchases delivered. I have now had two successful grocery deliveries -- which rocks. I get my REI Outlet stuff delivered to the store downtown because shipping is free that way, and heading down there on occasion to pick stuff up isn't too onerous. T-Mobile and Qwest -- well, home delivery is all they've ever offered, so nothing new there.

But Target: I ordered a waffle iron. I had a gift certificate and I wanted to save money by making and freezing my own waffles. T-Mobile will leave a spendy phone on the porch, and Qwest will leave a modem -- but Target demands a signature. For a waffle iron. They won't even allow the option of signing the little sticky note and leaving it on the door. I have a job. I can't wait at home all day for my waffle iron to come. And I know where this is leading -- after three unsuccessful delivery attempts, they'll want me to go to UPS to pick it up. This will completely and entirely negate the benefits of ordering online. I've come a long way in conquering the instant gratification demon, but this is sorely testing my patience, especially if I have to go somewhere to get it -- I could've taken the 15 to the store and had my freaking waffle iron last week. Grrrrr.

Update: The waffle iron finally arrived -- and it sucks. Now I have to take the 15 to the store to return it, and then go somewhere else to find a good one. *sigh*

No comments: