Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bad hair -- a necessary evil?

I've been told more than once that because of the way it's cut, my hair always looks good, no matter what I've been through. I guess the basic feeling is that it's already in complete disarray, so what difference does it make what kind of disarray it's in? But the people who say this did NOT see my hair yesterday, after I washed it, fixed it, and then rode to work, arriving in a sweaty heap. It was flat --and lemme tell ya sister -- it was ugly. After washing, it takes a few days of adding product on top of product to get to where it sticks out in all directions like I want it to, and yesterday was a bad hair holocaust. Learning to live with helmet head was the last hurdle I had to overcome to begin bike commuting; now I find myself wondering what I can do with this hair to make it more bike friendly. Suggestions?

No comments: