Friday, August 1, 2008

Aaaaahhhhhhhh

It was looking rainy when I got off work this morning after a long, long night, and I did NOT want to ride my bike home. But I had to move on to the day job, and the bus would just take too damn long. The beauty is, by the time I hit downtown I was feeling so alive and happy. It amazes me each time how that little morning ride wakes me up and lifts my spirits. Driving home in the morning, by contrast, was just numbing, a further extension of the trauma of being up all night. Of course, there were the tunes . . . that was sweet. That's the one part of driving I really, really miss . . .

4 comments:

Rossco said...

Nice blog. Carfree = carefree. It's very liberating. I've done it for over a year now. Zipcar is wonderful and you will realize that biking is sometimes faster than taking a bus. You'll save tons of money by not owning a car too. Cheers!

Teddy said...

Thanks for dropping by! Feel free to stop in anytime and comment on the carfree/carefree life. I'd love to hear about how you cope with winter commuting.

Tom said...

It took awhile, but riding my bike home in the morning is a nice reliever from the stress of the night. By the time I get home, I'm feeling fresh (in mind at least) and ready to sleep. Yeah, there's mornings that the last thing I want to do is throw a leg over, but I have no choice. Those days I just go slow.

Winter is a whole new ballgame.

Teddy said...

Don't be a tease! Dish!