Thursday, July 31, 2008

But then it got better . . .

Yesterday's mood, that is. In the evening I rode my bike to the hash (that's hash house harriers, btw), ran the hash, then rode into town and picked up the number 8 up to the hill. It was my first time using the bike carrier on the front of the bus and I really wanted to do it at night when I wouldn't feel pressured be quick about it. I checked out the bikes on other buses while I was waiting at the stop, and then I got to see someone putting theirs on, so by the time my bus came I was a little nervous but ready. I warned the deadpan driver it was my first time, and although it did take me a second to figure out the release the rest went smoothly and he congratulated me on a job well done.

Today was my first day riding all the way up the hill instead of taking the tram. It wasn't bad at all, although my bike is not geared for hills and I got passed a couple of times by speedsters on well-geared hybrids. I'll just have to get tougher.

No comments: